Monday, March 10, 2014
Bringing God's people together to serve God's people in need
“ If anyone
and sees his
brother in need
but has no pity
on him, how can
the love of God
be in him?
let us not love
but with actions
and in truth. ”
I John 3:17-18
How we help
A Few Statistics from Interfaith Ministries
In 2012, we served 2016 people.
86 - rent/shelter assistance
740 - utility payments
430 - prescription assistance
663- miscellaneous needs
In Addition to providing rent and utility assistance to prevent eviction, Interfaith Ministries, Inc. worked with the Homeless Coalition of Northeast Alabama to address the issues of homelessness in the City of Anniston and Calhoun County.
• The Open Door - we have recorded over 5,036 visits this past year, averaging 25 per day. Of these, half were identified as homeless.
• Christmas Clearing House - under the leadership of First United Methodist Church Anniston, 358 families were served in 2012.
• SenioRx - 4,139 prescriptions were accessed for 956 clients totaling $2,343,476.00. Since 2002, SenioRx has accessed over $28,251,517 in free medication for residents of Calhoun County.
• Meals On Wheels - delivers meals to home bound persons who are disabled and/or elderly. In 2012, 17,973 meals were served by approximately 160 volunteers.
• Adult Dental Program - provides services to economically disadvantaged adults who cannot afford dental care. 1355 adults patients have been seen since 2007.
• Approximately 295 volunteers gave over 7,247 hours of service.
1431 Gurnee Avenue, Anniston, Alabama / 256-237-1472 Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM