Thursday, May 23, 2013
Bringing God's people together to serve God's people in need
“ If anyone
and sees his
brother in need
but has no pity
on him, how can
the love of God
be in him?
let us not love
but with actions
and in truth. ”
I John 3:17-18
How we help
A Few Statistics from Interfaith Ministries
In 2011 we served 1,912 individuals and their families. They received $143,569.00 in emergency assistance.
Of this number:
86 - rent/shelter assistance
418 - prescription help
802 - utility payment
606- miscellaneous needs
In Addition to providing rent and utility assistance to prevent eviction, Interfaith Ministries, Inc. worked with the Homeless Coalition of Northeast Alabama to address the issues of homelessness in the City of Anniston and Calhoun County.
• The Open Door - 3,349 visits were recorded, an average of 16 per day. Of these, half were identified as homeless.
• Christmas Clearing House - under the leadership of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 1,206people were served, representing 319 families
• SenioRx - 4,139 prescriptions were accessed for 956 clients totaling $2,343,476.00. Since 2002, SenioRx has accessed over $26,000,000 in free medication for residents of Calhoun County.
• Meals On Wheels - delivers meals to home bound persons who are disabled and/or elderly. 18,404 hot lunches were delivered by 160 volunteers. 49% of those meals were subsidized or free.
• Adult Dental Program - provides services to economically disadvantaged adults who cannot afford dental care. 144 adults were treated in our free. $13,511.00 was spent for 77 referrals to local dentists for treatment.
Angel Tree Camp:
• 35 children who had a parent in prison experienced a week long free day camp.
• Approximately 295 volunteers gave over 7,247 hours of service.
1431 Gurnee Avenue, Anniston, Alabama / 256-237-1472 Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM