We provide assistance for utilities, rent, transportation, prescriptions, and other needs with the goal of preventing homelessness.
How We've Helped
IFM helped a young mother living in poverty in need of a specific baby formula for her infant son. Arrangements were made for assistance, and we stepped in with a month’s supply of the special formula.
A schoolteacher moving into the state needed to get her teaching certificate renewed in order to start work. Interfaith paid for her license renewal so she could support her family.
A recently released felon came to get her driver’s license renewed. When she had her license renewed, this opened up a greater pool of employment opportunities for this client
Please Note: Emergency assistance for rent and utilities is limited to once a year. This is designed to prevent homelessness due to unforeseen bills and expenses.
Please Note: After filling out our online form, clients still need to bring supporting documents into the office from 8-11:30 Monday thru Thursday,
and meet with the Emergency Assistance Coordinator. See below for the required supporting documents.
1. ID cards and SS Cards for all adults in the household
2. SS Cards for all children in the household
3. Copy of most recent bill: utility disconnect only or eviction notice
4. Proof of income- 2 months pay stubbs
5. Assistance award letters: SS, SSI, Food Stamp letter, Child support
6. For rent assistance- copy of lease